With the update of Meitner Audio’s very first product, the Meitner MA1-V2 stereo D/A Converter continues to provide enthusiasts with accessible cost-no-object performance.
How did Meitner Audio do it? By utilizing the award-winning technologies Ed Meitner developed for the EMM Labs line of products. The result is a converter that turns the “you-have-to-spend-a-lot-to-get-a-lot” paradigm on its proverbial ear.
It also happens to turn your computer or media server into a high-end, high-resolution music-making machine.
The Meitner MA-1 V2:
- Supports audio at sample rates of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz and DSD through all 6 digital inputs
- Supports DSD128/2xDSD and DXD streaming over USB Audio
- Complies with the USB Class 2 audio interface standard
- Is simple to use. There’s nothing to configure. Just plug and play
MFAST™ asynchronous technology
Feed the MA-1 V2 through any of its six inputs and the Meitner Frequency Acquisition System (MFAST™) instantly acquires the signal, buffers it, then strips jitter out completely. A high-speed asynchronous system, it decouples input from output. MFAST™ ensures that you’ll enjoy pristine sonic clarity whether the incoming data stream is pure or anything but.
MDAT™: 8x DSD upsampling
From there, the signal goes straight into the newly updated Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) which upsamples digital audio to DSD512/8xDSD, eight times the SACD standard sampling rate.
The world’s best dac/clock combination
Our MA-1 V2 features the updated MDAC™ dual differential discrete D-to-A and MCLK™ high-purity master clock modules. Together, they’re music to our ears. Yours too, as an audition will quickly prove.
The Meitner MA-1 V2 Stereo D/A Converter. It may be the first audio product that’s equally appealing to those on a budget, and those with no budget limitations at all.
- Up to 24bit/192kHz & DSD support over all inputs, USB Audio, AES, TOSLINK and COAX inputs
- 2xDSD (via DoP), DXD (352/384kHz) over USB Audio
- MFAST™ asynchronous technology for instant signal acquisition, jitter-free performance
- MDAT2™ signal processing technology with DSD512/8xDSD upsampling while preserving phase, frequency and dynamic integrity of the waveform
- MDAC™ discrete dual differential D-to-A conversion circuit
- MCLK™ high-purity master clock that establishes new benchmarks in jitter performance
- Galvanically isolated USB Audio interface
- USB service port for future software upgrades
- Sleek credit-card style remote and serial port for wired remote control
Power factor corrected
Universal 90V-260V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption: max. 50W
Roon Tested devices work over USB, HDMI, AirPlay, Google Cast, and other protocols. They have been profiled by the Roon team to ensure simple setup and effortless daily use.
AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF COAX, 2x TOSLINK, USB Audio supports up to 24bit/192kHz and DSD
USB Audio also supports 2xDSD and DXD (352/384kHz)
Stereo Analog Outputs:
XLR outputs: 4.6Vrms (+15.4dBu)
RCA outputs: 2.3Vrms (+9.4dBu)
300 ohms balanced (XLR)
150 ohms unbalanced (RCA)
W x D x H: 435 x 400 x 92mm
Weight: 7.43kg (with remote control)
Click on the links below to download documents and software: